Saturday, May 31, 2008

It Rained Flowers

This cake was my course 2 assignment. We learned some color flow basics, which is a mixture that is thinned out, poured into a shape, and left to harden. We also learned several types of flowers with petals that are shaped. Pansies, Daisies, Daffodils, and several more. Again, I did several flowers in royal icing. The ones I liked all got piled on top and cascaded down the side. I have done the cascade on other cakes, but lost those pictures.

I also used a reverse shell border. You do a shell in one direction, then switch to the opposite direction, and so on. This border is quite easy to get mixed up on, and takes lots of concentration if you are doing a large cake. I also like the Oval cake pan set that was used here. Now, if only my color flow butterfly hadn't broken...

No comments: